Zulay spoke to Smart Cells to tell us why she and Paul decided to store their baby’s stem cells.
1. How did you and Paul hear about stem cell banking?
My older sister did this for her first child in New York, and when I was pregnant with my first son this was the first thing I spoke to my husband about to say that we needed to do this.
2. What made you and Paul decide to store the stem cells for your first baby?
All the diseases it can cure or treat, most parents are not aware of Smart Cells that is why they don’t do it and as a parent I know the worst thing in the world is seeing your baby sick, so if there is something you can do to protect your child in the future against certain diseases YOU will definitely do it. That is why Smart Cells was so important for us.
3. What has your experience been like with Smart Cells?
So smooth, so happy with it. Daddy has a job to do, the day our babies arrived Paul just called the contact they gave us and informed them I was in labour and they come and collect the sample at the hospital, you literally don’t have to worry about anything.
4. Did the process work as you both had expected it to? Did you find it to be an easy process?
(Same as 3)
5. What would you say to anyone who has never heard about stem cell banking?
This is something you will never regret about doing!!! We recommend doing this 150%
6. Would you and Paul recommend the Smart Cells service to others? If so, why?
(Same as 5)
7. Is there anything else you wish to add?
I would really love raising more awareness worldwide. This is very important for our kids, we never know what the future has prepared for us, so if we are sure we can help our children, there is no reason why you shouldn’t do this.