Anthony and Alyse spoke to Smart Cells to tell us why they decided to store their baby’s stem cells.
1. Could you please provide a brief intro of your career/background?
Professional rugby player for 8 years. Played 110 times for Bath, 46 times for England and 3 times for British and Irish Lions.
2. Why did you decide to store your baby’s stem cells?
We decided to store our baby’s stem cells to be able to have the most advanced treatment options for our child and future children as well as family members. As a parent, it seemed like a no brainer to be able to provide in case of any eventuality for our child and future proof against various illnesses.
3. Had you heard about stem cell banking ever before? If so, where?
I had heard of the use of stem cells for rejuvenation of joints due to my career. However, having done my research alongside conversations with Smart Cells the massive range of treatments it can provide is far greater than I had thought or heard about.
4. What has your experience been like with Smart Cells?
Great! From the collection process to the informative element of it – Smart Cells have been nothing short of excellent. Always happy to explain things that were not immediately understood. Really put our mind at ease with regards to the whole process and the storage element as well.
5. What would you say to anyone who has never heard about stem cell banking?
This is something you will never regret about doing!!! We recommend doing this 150%
6. Would you and Paul recommend the Smart Cells service to others? If so, why?
(Same as 5)
7. Is there anything else you wish to add?
I would really love raising more awareness worldwide. This is very important for our kids, we never know what the future has prepared for us, so if we are sure we can help our children, there is no reason why you shouldn’t do this.